The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) started a new process in 2003 that requires flight attendants to be certified. … The list of previous convictions that would exclude you from being a flight attendant is extensive and includes any felony and any violent crime. It also includes any crime involving an aircraft.
Can you be a flight attendant with a misdemeanor?
If you apply for an airline job, you’ll undergo a background check. There’s no hiding your past, but there’s also no need to let a misdemeanor discourage you, says Airlinecareers.com, a company that helps people get flight attendant jobs. Some people do get hired despite their convictions, and you could be one of them.
What do airlines look for when hiring flight attendants?
Work Hours: Flexibility and reliability are usually the most paramount qualities of all applicants. Once hired, flight attendants must be able to work flexible hours. Flight schedules and flying assignments may include nights, weekends, holidays, extended hours, overnights and layovers.
What is the most difficult thing of being a flight attendant?
While the hardest part of the job doesn’t always happen on board, things can get stressful mid-flight. “We have to be prepared for anything: a fire, an irate passenger or a medical event. And medical events happen more than you’d think,” Sarah Motter, another member of the crew, told me.
What flight attendants dont tell you?
25 Things Your Flight Attendant Won’t Tell You
- Shutterstock. …
- Avoid using the call button as much as possible. …
- Try to handle your own issues first. …
- It’s illegal to bring your own alcohol on board. …
- They might tamper with your drinks. …
- First class security isn’t always monitored. …
- They get paid less than you think. …
- Your headphones are used.
20 мар. 2019 г.
Can you have tattoos as a flight attendant?
Per the airline’s guidelines, visible tattoos aren’t allowed while wearing the flight attendant uniform, even if covered by makeup, jewelry, or a bandage. The policy prohibits tattoos in areas visible while wearing the cabin crew uniform, such as the face, ears, hands, wrists, and neck.
What are the physical requirements to be a flight attendant?
Physical Requirement and Job Demands
- Height: Most airlines have a height requirement. …
- Weight: There are no set weight standards. …
- Vision: Your vision needs to be 20/30 either with or without corrective lenses.
- Other Physical Requirements: If you have tattoos or body piercings, then these must not be visible.
How many years does it take to be a flight attendant?
To summarize, it takes about 8 years after high school to become a flight attendant. This includes a full year of waiting time. So, if you are lucky, it might take you just 7 years. The job of a flight attendant is quite stressful.
How do you get hired as a flight attendant?
How to Become a Flight Attendant
- Get Hired by an Airline. The first step in becoming a flight attendant is applying for a position with an airline. …
- Complete the Airline-Provided Flight Attendant Training Program. Once an airline hires you, the company will provide formal training at its flight training center. …
- Start Your Career as a Flight Attendant.
What is the typical work schedule for a flight attendant?
Most attendants are usually limited to working 12 hours shifts but some are allowed to work 14 hour shifts. Those working on international flights are usually permitted to work longer shifts. Attendants usually spend 65-90 hours in the air and 50 hours preparing planes for passengers monthly.
What are the top 3 characteristics of a flight attendant?
Flight attendants should also possess the following specific qualities:
- Attentiveness. Flight attendants must be aware of passengers’ needs to ensure a pleasant travel experience. …
- Communication skills. …
- Customer-service skills. …
- Decision-making skills. …
- Physical stamina.
How much does a flight attendant make starting out?
American Airlines flight attendants say they make about $35 an hour. Glassdoor average base pay: $38,192 a year (Hourly rate not available on Glassdoor.)
Do you have to be pretty to be a flight attendant?
No. But basic requirements would be for you to have clear skin complexion. Sure, you see plenty of pretty flight attendants but make up does wonder, you know. … But basic requirements would be for you to have clear skin complexion.
Do pilots sleep with flight attendants?
Flight attendants and pilots get there own designated sleeping areas on long-haul flights. While, flight attendants are supposed to sleep in bunk beds, pilots take rest in separate sleeping compartment.
Is flight attendant training difficult?
The flight training process for Flight attendants can be quite rough. Firstly, it is strict and long, as flight attendants have to know their aircraft thoroughly. Same as pilots, who get a type rating to be able to fly an aircraft, so does the cabin crew have to get their type rating on which aircraft they can work on.
Do flight attendants fly for free?
Most airlines allow flight attendants to fly for free on what’s called “stand-by”. This means that as a flight attendant you get to use those free tickets if there is availability on the flight. The key thing to remember is that for many airlines these policies are based on availability.