Insert the ICAO 4-letter location indicator of the destination aerodrome followed by the total estimated elapsed time of your flight (NOT the planned time of landing). Insert “ZZZZ” followed, without a space, by the total estimated elapsed time, and specify the aerodrome name in Item 18 (below).
How do I file an international flight plan?
How to file your flight plan (domestic or international)
- Submit a hardcopy flight plan form to your local flight service station.
- Call Flight Services (1-800-WX-BRIEF or 1-800-992-7433) – The flight services specialist will file your flight plan.
- Submit your plan online through one of the following free services:
25 авг. 2020 г.
How do I activate my flight plan?
Once you have filed your Flight Plan, you may either activate it on the ground by calling 1-800-WX-BRIEF, or in the air by communicating with a Flight Service Station over the radio.
What are the contents of a flight plan?
A flight plan contains such of the following information as is relevant to the flight:
- Aircraft identification.
- Flight rules and type of flight.
- Number and type(s) of aircraft and wake turbulence category.
- Departure aerodrome.
- Estimated off-block time.
- Cruising speed.
- Cruising level.
20 июл. 2017 г.
When must you file a flight plan?
Flight plans may be submitted before departure or even after the aircraft is in the air. However flight plans may be submitted up to 120 hours in advance either by voice or by data link; though they are usually filled out or submitted just several hours before departure.
How early can you file a flight plan?
Every country will have different requirements as to how far in advance a FPL can be filed and what the minimum requirement to file is. The ICAO standard is to allow a FPL to be filed up to 120 hours prior to ETD. Many countries (such as the U.S.) only allow a FPL to be filed a max of 23 hours in advance.
How do I pick up my VFR flight plan?
How to open a VFR flight plan through the Flight Service Station (FSS): Assuming you filed your flight plan, the next step is to open the flight plan by calling the FSS. Pilots can either reach the FSS on the ground or in the air.
How do I plan a VFR flight?
Planning a VFR Cross-Country Flight
- Choose Your Route. …
- Get a Weather Briefing. …
- Choose an Altitude and Cruise Profile. …
- Compute Airspeed, Time, and Distance. …
- Familiarize Yourself With the Airport. …
- Double-Check Your Equipment. …
- Get an Updated Briefing. …
- File a Flight Plan.
How do I contact flight service in the air?
Flight Service stations are serviced a single phone number throughout the continental United States: 1-800- WX-BRIEF. Use this phone number to access any of the services that an FSS provides.