Cessna 152s were slightly more valuable, with an average price of $22,500. Airplanes with expensive radios, paint jobs, and/or larger horsepower engines typically sell in the $25,000-$30,000 range.
What is the cheapest plane to buy?
The Most Affordable Single-Engine Planes – Our Top 9 Picks
- Less than $20k. Cessna 150. Ercoupe. Luscombe Silvaire.
- Lower $20,000s. Aeronca Champ. Beechcraft Skipper.
- Upper $20,000s. Cessna 172. Stinson 108.
- $40,000+ Pre-201 Mooney M20.
How much does a Cessna 172 cost?
The 180 hp 172S, referred to by Cessna as the 172-SP, goes for $307,500; the 160 hp 172R sells for $274,900.
Why did Cessna stop making the 152?
In 1978 Cessna introduced a revised model, the 152, with a 110 horsepower Lycoming 0-235 engine. … Like most light plane companies in the US, Cessna stopped building light aircraft all together in the mid 1980’s because of excessive product liability lawsuits. The last Model 152 rolled off the production line in 1985.
How fast does a Cessna 152 go?
What is a good first airplane to buy?
- High-wing Cessnas in the 150/152, 172, 177, 182, and 206 series. …
- The Piper PA28 Cherokee series. …
- Less-common four-place aircraft. …
- Tailwheel and/or sport aircraft. …
- Retractable-gear aircraft.
5 апр. 2005 г.
What is the safest small plane to fly?
7 Best Single-Engine Airplanes to Own Right Now
- Diamond DA40 NG. When it comes to safety, the DA40 NG (the “NG” stands for “next generation”) is just about the best single-engine plane to own. …
- Beechcraft G36 Bonanza. …
- Cessna 172. …
- Mooney M20 Acclaim Ultra. …
- Pilatus PC-12 NG. …
- Piper M350. …
- Cirrus SR22T.
11 мар. 2020 г.
Is owning a plane worth it?
It really depends on what kind of flying you like to do and how much you want to fly, plus how much enjoyment you’ll get out of “pride of ownership.” If you like to go on long trips or want/need a plane that’s not something you can rent (like a twin, experimental, etc.) then yes, owning is worth it.
What is the easiest plane to fly?
The 3 Easiest Planes to Learn to Fly
- The Cessna 172. The Cessna 172 didn’t become the top-selling airplane of all time for out of the blue. …
- The Piper PA-28. The Piper was built to compete with the Cessna 170. …
- The Diamond DA40. The Diamond DA40 is a newer plane. …
- Ready to Learn to Fly?
How far can a Cessna 172 fly on a full tank?
The 747 has a range of more than 6,000 miles, and a top speed of around 600mph, while the Cessna 172 will fly for 800 miles on a full tank (about the distance from London to Venice), travelling at a stately maximum velocity of 150mph.
Is Cessna 152 Safe?
Two-thirds of Cessna 152 accidents took place during flight instruction. … The leading causes of fatal accidents in the Cessnas were low-altitude maneu- vering, losses of control during takeoff, and pilot impairment or incapacitation. In the comparable fleet, they were adverse weather and losses of engine power.
How high can a Cessna 152 fly?
The Cessna 152 has a service ceiling of 14,700 ft. It’s maximum air speed is 126 mph .
What engine does a Cessna 152 have?
What speed does a Cessna take off at?
A headwind will reduce the ground speed needed for takeoff, as there is a greater flow of air over the wings. Typical takeoff air speeds for jetliners are in the range of 240–285 km/h (130–154 kn; 149–177 mph). Light aircraft, such as a Cessna 150, take off at around 100 km/h (54 kn; 62 mph).
What fuel does a Cessna 152 use?
Fuel: Approved Grades 100LL (blue), 100 (green) Total Fuel 26.0 Gal. Total Usable 24.5 Gal. System Description: The airplane is equipped with a standard fuel system consisting of two vented fuel tanks, a fuel shutoff valve, fuel strainer, manual primer, and carburetor.