Remote Control Helicopter for Kids
I think I have to answer this question once and for all; the best remote control helicopter for kids is the one that is lightweight, active in a wind free environment and most of all durable.
The question is; which is the best beginner-friendly RC helicopter and best outdoor RC helicopter for kids? These are simply natural questions that will drown you further to understand the basics things about RC Helicopter.
This article will guide you and outline the best RC aircraft for kids. But first, be warned that once you get started to learn RC skills, you’ll be interested in gauging into the next level and ending up loving this recreational activity. But that’s the ideal decision!
Five Best Remote Control Helicopters for Kids-Features at a Glance
The most challenging part is selecting the best mini RC copters for kids, where will I start? That’s a frequently asked question for an RC beginner.
Worry less since my unsecured reviews will guide you on how to pick the best remote control helicopter. First, take a look at the comprehensive list of the top five features, ratings and specifications of RC for kids.
Best Remote Control Helicopters for Kids -Comparison Table
1. JOGOTO Thunderbird X8 Series Large Alloy RC Single-Blade
The Thunderbird X8 RC Heli is considered as one of the top list cheap RC helicopters. Thanks to its high level of versatility and stability.
Even if you are an intermediate Heli enthusiast, this Heli could be the best choice for your kids and yourself too.
- It is easy to fly aircraft and responsive.
- One of the best features about this Heli is that it provides you with a light-weight camera hence making your flight as comfortable as possible.
- It is an RTF kind of Heli which is one of the important features to consider when buying an RC.
- It is a 4-channell RC and single-rotor aircraft hence controlling and maneuvering the Heli considerably.
- Provides a 3D action; flying up, forward, down, backward, turn right and much more.
- It is a 2.4 GHz 4 channel
- Includes 8 minutes flying time and 150 meters control distance
2. Lutema 2.4 GHz Heligram Flight Simulator Remote Control Helicopter
In fact, the Lutema brand has designed this remote control aircraft to move in all direction. How interesting!
Finding an ideal aircraft that is easy to use and create your own logo can be difficult.
But not for Lutema device. As you purchase the product, you are guaranteed to get an easy to use software and also the HOTAS remote control.
- The copter can display your own message while flying
- It is a 5 channel helicopter that can move randomly
- Includes a gyro system for improved stability and agility
- This 2.4 GHz can reach up to 100 feet in range
3. Top Race TR-807 Single Propeller Professional RC
Just as the name suggests this “top race” Mini Heli is one of the best remote control helicopters for kids.
With this, you are assured to have the flawless and easy flight due to installed flybar. It is a Ready to fly copter that has a well-built Meta-design for durability.
I will also not forget to mention the 2.4 frequency that provides full aircraft frequency.
As you plan to purchase this single propeller design copter you also be given the USB cable, the charging hub, spare parts and a screwdriver.
If you are a beginner, worry less and thank the TOP RACE brand for including a user manual that will enhance you have learnt how to fly this Heli as applicable.
- It is an outdoor and indoor helicopter
- Has a 3-axis gyro feature and provides a flybarless balance
- Provides 50-minute charging and 8 to 10 minutes flying time
- It is also an automatic correction flight.
4. My Favorite Syma S107G 3 Channel RC helicopter with Gyro
If you are looking for a stable like characteristic Heli, then this is the right one for you.
It was one of my favorite helis as a beginner since it is easy to fly and control. Not to mention that it is included as one of the TOP ONE BEST SELLING aircraft in Amazon.
One of the amazing thing about this Heli is that if it’s out of stock and you have liked its features and specification, you can purchase the Syma S107 since they differ in labeling only.
Also, thanks to the LIPO battery which ensures you have stable flight by reducing the absorption of heat in the Heli.
Another benefit is that this Heli has two joysticks; the right sticks moves up and down and the left stick makes the aircraft to spin.
- This cheap RC for beginners has similar features with S107 Heli
- It is easy to fly
- Recommended for indoor flying due to its infrared controller. The outdoor sun might block the level of the helis’ signal.
- Installed gyro and four blades helps the Heli to stay steady while flying
- The six AA is required to power the controller. (Not included)
- Heartily recommended due to its fantastic point of direction. In other words, it goes where you point it.
- Takes 8-10 minutes on a full charge and about 30 minutes to load
5. Blade mCX2 RTF
In fact you don’t have to purchase anything; everything is included in the box. Blade MCX2 is ready to fly aircraft with powerful dual micro motors.
What I like most about this Helicopter is the unique swath plate for incredible control and installed LED lights for you to maneuver with much ease.
Not to mention that you can also change the control settings from the beginner and expert level.
MY UNBIASED PRODUCT REVIEWS AND GUIDE
It has been an awesome week for me regarding Remote control helicopter for kids because I have assembled notably great news for you.
Here, I have done the unboxing and general overview of another best RC helicopters for kids or beginners. With this, I am confident that you and I will love them. You will be thrilled to fly most of them.
1. JOGOTO Thunderbird X8 Series Large Alloy
Planning to get in the world of toys might be difficult for you especially if you are a novice. However, the most immediate thing is to first find the best RC helicopter for your needs and budget as well.
That said the JOGOTO Thunderbird X8 Series offer you with outstanding flying experience as compared to other helis.
Known as a real game changer
In a glimpse, the JOGOTO Thunderbird X8 Series is a great Heli that is defined as the perfect next level beginner pilot. When it comes to flying, I will definitely recommend and give this aircraft an A.I can say that again because it is very easy to control it and the coaxial configuration helps the Heli to increase its blade speed and engine power.
Summary: Before purchasing your chosen Heli, be on the lookout and know both the unbiased and biased side.
This remote control helicopter for kids is a solid Heli when it comes to fun regarding the monitoring and efficiency it provides. The installed propeller transmits power by converting the rotational blade motion into thrust.
Besides it is categorized as the best mini RC helicopter because of the given user manual. It is basically easy to understand and follow.
Summary: This Heli needs lots of care and maintenance. Also, the helis spare parts are available such as the main motors, tail motors and control arms.
- It is a great and responsive Heli
- It is easy to control hence recording all your awesome flying skills with much ease
- The propellers are quite durable
- This aircraft can withstand crashes while adjusting to your new hobby
- Various colors are available
The copter is highly favorable to all type of age. In other words, just minor cons about customer missing few parts such as coupler and others. This can just be discussed with your dealer, and you will be sorted in no time.
Overall: I LOVE THIS BEST RC HELICOPTER.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the package come with the battery already installed?
- As soon as you purchase the Heli, it comes with the installed battery too. The 6AA battery will be compatible with this aircraft.
- How about the availability of spare parts for this Heli?
- Logically, there are few parts that are available for this Heli. However, due to its well-built nature, the JOGOTO Thunderbird X8 series spare parts can be purchased locally but with different cheap RC helicopter parts. That said the V-913 helicopter‘s parts would work effectively with this aircraft for kids. For any broken body, use an RC glue.
- Why is my Heli leaning on the right side?
- It might probably be the servo on the main rotor. Adjust the copter from the back by connecting the buckle to a different hole on the servo arm. Later connect back the swath plate. You can also try to get it levered at about 1/8 to 1/4inch and check when you plug in the battery if you are on the same level ground. The whole process helps to trick the servo to fly in similar level flight.
Surprisingly, this aircraft doesn’t seem to have any significant drawbacks unlike other type of remote control helicopter for kids. That is why I will finalize that it is one of the top notch and quality RC in the market today. It is also great for little kids preferably nine and up.
2. Lutema 2.4 GHz Heligram Flight Simulator Remote Control Helicopter
Flying different type of helis can be fun due to stable movement. The Lutema 2.4 GHz helicop is recommended especially if you love great viewing from the air. It is widely known for ample stability hence flying it at ease.
The technology used for this toy is fantastic
This cheap remote control helicopter for kids is favorably known to move from one direction to another including side to side due to its hover motors.
You also don’t have to worry much about warranty since you will be fully covered with a warranty from Lutema. The most vital thing about this helicopter for kids is that instead of using the “dual joystick” it uses the HOTAS Hands; on Throttle and Stick remote.
Not to mention that you can easily display you personal custom message and view it while flying this device.
Summary: The customized LED text from this Heli makes the flying to be fun. The front white LED lets you know when it’s about to land, while the red and blue flash alerts you when it’s going out. Also note that it is recommended for 15 years and above.
- The sky LED text is fantastic. All you have to do is to install the software to your PC, and you can change the text in any way you like.
- 100-foot range provides ample viewing
- The base amount makes it sound like a real Heli
- The battery seems to run out very quick
- It is a lightweight Heli hence you can’t fly it on a heavy breeze
- You might miss the wall charger while purchasing the device since it is not included. You can opt to purchase it or decide to charge the Heli with your PC.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does the battery last?
- For this remote control aircraft, the battery seems to last for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Can I fly this heli outdoors? And does it break easily?
- If you have a wide open space, then you are good for outdoor flying. It is quite durable; the throttle seems to be too sensitive but eventually you will get used to it.
- The flashing lights seem to be confusing while charging. Please help!
- The white flashing means the heli is charging while solid white means it is completely charged. It might tend to blink at the end, but consistently remains stable.
- What type of camera is compatible with this heli?
- Note that this heli is quite small and lightweight. Sometimes it can affect the flight and balance of this toy. Also, you can purchase the aerial camera from Lutema and see how it goes.
This cheap RC heli seems to be the most used flying gadget. I am simply saying this because of its customizable feature design, positive reviews, and also the sturdy control.
There are pretty minor drawbacks about this heli; one of the consumer review stated that he should have given the product a five start since it’s an excellent heli but the battery seems too low in less than few minutes.
For this, I would suggest for you to replace your battery or contact the Lutema directly.
3. Top Race TR-807 Professional RC Helicopter
Remote control helicopter for kids are availed to decorate your room as well as having fun. There are lots of different kinds of RC aircraft that come with their own design.
This article presents you the Top Race Model Helicopter for Kids. At a glance, you will be attracted by its appearance and unique capabilities.
The TR-807 is the most Top Rated Model
The fitted gyro sensor helps this toy to fly with much ease and control. The whole process helps the electronic system to maintain the balance of the aircraft.
Don’t be skeptical while purchasing this heli since it’s recommended for indoor flying. However, you can still have fun outdoors by sending it to over 30 feet in the air.
The controller will still have an exemplary signal. Along with that, this toy can withstand wind breeze due to high motor. Not to mention the small screen, that helps you to view the parameters in the right way.
Summary: It is strongly recommended for you to have this heli spare parts such as few extra blades. The only secret to avoid or minimize crashes is to reduce the power when it’s far away.
What about the availability of spare parts?
Spare parts are vital, so as to have fun with this heli. As you purchase this toy, you will also get the propeller, tail blade, additional Lipo battery and a screwdriver. You can also purchase other spare parts online such as in Amazon and eBay.
Summary: Checking the spare parts availability before buying your heli is a good reminder. Lots of RC heli reviews forget to mention this and that is probably a huge mistake since if you don’t find any spare parts, the flight fun will end up pretty soon. More importantly, get an extra set even though you don’t need at the moment. Trust me you will eventually look for them.
- Has flybarless for maximum balance
- Provides LED light for viewing
- It is easy to control and fly
- Excellent battery timing
There are no important drawbacks about this heli. However, some customer reviews seems to get out of hand.
I would advise if you had previously purchased this heli and it can’t seem to work, just consult the TOP RACE dealers and you will be sorted out in no time. For instance, one of the review stated that I bought this aircraft, and it didn’t seem to fly as desired.
Frequently asked questions
- Can the heli do the flips and rolls?
- No the heli is not designed to do the flips and rolls. But, TR-808 can do flips and rolls.
Q How about the availability of spare parts?
- The heli comes with an extra tail blade and main blades.
A balanced heli, with 3-axis gyro and well-built metal design, right?
Well, here is where you need to reconsider. You can opt to avail a more controllable aircraft with much lesser price. This is why this Top Race TR-807 is a must have for a remote control helicopter fun.
In addition to being awesome, the brand gives you a warrant for every purchase.
4. SYMA S107G 3 CHANNEL RC HELICOPTER WITH GYRO
This is one of the top list aircraft that has caught my attention. I have recently explored lots of RC devices and now I have opted to review this heli and conclude if this toy is what the manufacturers say it is.
As a consumer, you deserve to understand and know the valuable information about the product you are planning to purchase. You are legible to know the truth and nothing else.
I have to mention that sharing my experiences from the honest point of view is what I do. Note that I am also a consumer like everyone else. Grasp all the information before making your purchase.
How to identify the Syma S107 RC Helicopter and Findings
I decided to place an order through Amazon, and it was a success. I chose this heli because consumers have stated positive reviews about this aircraft.
However, I was a bit anxious of receiving a fake, broken or completely something different from what I ordered. (Syma, note that people are leaving this negative comments too)
Along with that, lots of consumers were saying great reviews about this remote control helicopter for kids. For this reason, I decided to give it a try.
At first flight, I was astonished since I was able to trust some marvels that people tend to say about this unique and cheap RC helicopter(That’s its definition).Keep reading and see my findings.
Is the Syma Brand right about what they say for this cheap RC AIRCRAFT?
Consumers have the right to say if this is the top rated and most durable RC.I have done my research and concluded that the Syma 107G is the most stable and durable aircraft.
Stability may tend to vary from one model to another. It is also great for beginners.
Also, the controls are quite sensitive but it also helps you to gauge the flight dynamics. Another vital thing that I did is to lend this heli to my older brother.
As a beginner, he experienced some few crashes, and later he flew it with less struggle. That tells me how it is easy to grasp the control of this heli while flying.
Summary: Due to its well and heavy built material, Syma has proven to withhold dozens of crashes. It is quite solid. Even if the blades seem to be the first to hit the ground or wall, they are very durable and strong. Overall I am happy with the manufacturer’s material and longevity.
This heli works for one week or less, and then it completely shuts down
I have decided to review this comment since it seems to appear most as I reviewed these device on Amazon. In my case, I actually tried to fly this heli and from my experience it sometimes crashed on a wall and ground. Thus, it came down. It is crucial for you to admit that most RC hit occurs due to lack of experience and not because of a low quality device. Purchasing extra spare parts is the best option.
Is it a fake toy?
Some people have reviewed that they ordered a Syma 107 but received a brand called Hero. As for my experience, luckily I was able to get what I wanted.
Syma should expect an excellent rating to their device. Besides, I can’t agree that people are lying. The comment seems to appear more than one time. Amazon and Syma brand should do something about it.
- Level: Beginner
- Easy to fly 5/5
- Stability: 5/5
- Durability: 2/5
- Educative: 5/5
- Price: 5/5
- Fun: 5/5
Some of the things that people complain about are the longevity of an RC battery. The S107G will approximately stay for 8 minutes of flight and 40-50 minutes of charge.
If it seems to be too low for you, then the best option is to purchase another heli. This way, you will be able to enjoy your flight time while the other one is still charging. The process will also help to speed up the aircraft and your level of flight experience.
5. Blade mCX2 RTF
I have been researching some RC helicopter reviews with the intention of finding the finest ones. I can’t regrets since I have seen lots of gadgets that offer magnificent features to the user.
As a result most of the RC toys are perfect for beginners, intermediate as well as experts. It was quite difficult for me to decide on the type of heli that I want to review. After a while I opted to go with Blade Mcx2 RTF. This is one of the ideal toy that is well-built to simplify your flight.
It is a user friendly remote control helicopter for kids
There are different helis in the market today, and some of them are well designed to allow you to select a certain performance level.
This way pilots can easily improve their skill without crashing the copter. That said the Blade MCX2 has a swath plate that includes the level control settings hence it is much easier to control this heli.
You can choose your expertise level with this heli. The Blade Mcx2 is suitable for any expertise level, thanks to the stability of the control settings since it can be set to perform at a higher speed.
Summary: The swath plate is simply a movable disc that tends to narrate the speed at which the aircraft will move.
5 in 1 control system
A single control unit system enhances the heli to work a lot simpler even when it crashes and repairing process. The Blade mCX2 RC comes with a 5 in 1 control system. Thus, it has the receiver, the servos, gyro system and the electronic speed controls (ESCs).This unit makes the heli easier to fix and repaired.
Summary: The 5 in 1 unit makes this best remote control helicopter to have a decent design hence making it to be a cheap remote control helicopter.
It is a coaxial main rotor heli
The Blade mCX2 RC uses a coaxial main rotor for sufficient stability. The coaxial transmits speed to the torque, which is the main effect of the copter trying to spin in an anti-clockwise direction.
With the coaxial rotor blade the reaction from the torque is reduced since each rotating blades tend to move in opposite direction.
Summary: Worry less when crashing this aircraft since the main rotor blade it is super flexible to withstand them.
Frequently Asked Question
- Are the charger and battery installed?
- Since it is a Ready to fly heli, it definitely comes with a charger, and eight batteries for the radio and charger.
- What is the actual flying time for the heli?
- The flight takes between 10-15 minutes. Note that the heli is just designed to lose power and land when it reaches a certain level. That is why; you are advised not to overcharge your battery since it will decrease its shelf life.
As I have previously mentioned, maintaining the battery of your Heli will save you lots of fun and investment. Overall, it’s a great Heli. Anyone can fly it.
The design is made to withhold lots of crashes and worry less about the availability of spare parts. It comes fully assembled right from the factory.
I have compared the five best RC helicopters for kids. With the above product review and guide you are assured to get your youngster or even yourself the best remote control helicopter.
However, note that the RC will eventually crash or wear and tear. But at least you will be satisfied for the availability of spare parts of each one of them.
In short, before purchasing that Helicopter for your kids, paying a visit locally or online will be of great assistance.
Most of the Heli that I have recommended are sold at most online shops and locally aircraft stores. If you are planning to purchase a gift for your relative or your kid, then plan an RC Heli purchase.
Children love to play with flying devices and this will provide them with loads of fun unlike other toys.
As I have previously stated, worry less about crashes and downfalls. Purchase the spare parts and keep them. You will eventually need them. Trust me you will!
Numbar 5: Blade mCX2 RTF